You know the feeling: You’re at work and your favorite song comes on the radio that just makes you want to get up and move; You’re sitting in your car during rush hour when you hear that tune that makes you break out your best hair-whipping, arm-flinging dance moves (and hope that the person in the car next to you doesn’t see you making a complete fool out of yourself); and CMWL’s personal favorite: when you’re at the gym and a song gives you that motivation to push a little harder, longer.
Well, studies back it up. Music can increase endurance by 15 percent and help you focus on a positive attitude while you break a sweat, according to research from Brunel University’s School of Sport and Education.
If you’re lacking that extra motivation, it may be time for a workout playlist makeover. We’ve surveyed the CMWL staff to create the perfect, motivating lineup to help you reach your weight loss goals.
1. Black Eyed Peas – Rock That Body
2. Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris – We Found Love
3. Def Leppard – Pour Some Sugar on Me
“This song works everywhere, from the bar to the gym. It pushes you to finish one more lap or set.” -Pargehe
4. Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch – Good Vibrations
5. Cobra Starship – You Make me Feel good
6. Heavy D & the Boyz – Now That We Found Love
7. Maroon 5 – Moves Like Jagger
“I usually like more alternative rock, but something about this song really gets me going. Also, I was a big Mick Jagger fan growing up and he always did have great moves. The song makes me think about him in his prime!” -Sarah
8. AC/DC – You Shook Me All Night Long
9. Sylvester – You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)
10. Bon Jovi – It’s My Life
“Motivational lyrics and upbeat tempo push you to your limit.” -Ally
11. Luke Bryan – Country Girl
12. Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock – It Takes Two
13. Survivor – Eye of the Tiger
14. Fun. – Some Nights
15. deadmau5 & Kaskade – I remember
“Nine minutes long. Plus, you can sink into the rhythm and it builds as your heart rate increases.” -Jane
16. Katy Perry – Firework
What songs get you moving? Post your favorites in the comments below! Or, let us know on Facebook or Tweet @CMWL_Natl using #workoutsongs.